#Oneword

intentional

Right now is a period in my life of great change. Both of my children are no longer living at home and we are downsizing to a smaller house. We have recently begun the process of packing and purging. As my husband and I began this project we spent many hours reflecting, laughing and remembering as we placed item after item into boxes. Some to keep, some to share and some to give away. This was a very intentional process. This process has given me clarity about my #oneword for 2016……Intentional.

In 2016 I am going to step back in both my personal life and in my work and take some time to reflect and make decisions with intention. We often get caught up in the hustle and bustle of daily life automatically running from place to place,crisis to crisis or event to event. We run on autopilot and fail to take the time to sit, reflect and make decisions with intention.

I have come to realize that doing things with intention is not selfish but rather self preserving.

I have started the process of living more intentionally with the choices we are making as we downsize. I am also going to be more intentional about my health and wellness. I started the year with a 3 day juice cleanse and have signed up for a 8 week pilates class. I am going to take time for exercise and to connect with nature.

In my work I am going to step back before making decisions or saying yes to initiatives to ensure that what were are doing is inline with our school goals and our urgent student needs. We are going to be intentional about our focus.

My #oneword for 2016 is intentional and I intend on keeping it.

intentional defn