Thank you and Farewell

Two years ago around this time of the year I made the decision to take a leave of absence from my job as a principal at the Thames Valley District school board, pack up my life and move to Beijing, China. These two years have flown by and I have made the decision to resign from my position at Thames Valley and to remain in Beijing. This was not an easy decision for me as it means leaving my family, friends and colleagues behind.

I am extremely grateful for the time I spent in Thames Valley District School Board. I have so many things to be thankful for and want to express my gratitude….

To my colleagues who have supported me, taught me and pushed me in my leadership.

To my superintendents who always listened and helped me to find solutions to very complicated problems.

To all the communities that I served as a vice principal and principal. I have learned so much and been given so many gifts as the result of knowing you all!

To some of the most resilient and dedicated teachers I have ever met. You make a difference in the lives of so many children. You work so hard for your students and families!

To TVDSB for the leadership opportunities and professional development. You have given me the skills, experience and passion to lead.

I have a committed to another year in Beijing and I am looking forward to continuing my leadership in this context.

I do not know where I will be a year from now but I know that I am going to enjoy each and every minute of the journey.

Thank you Thames Valley for you I will always be grateful!

One thought on “Thank you and Farewell

1. Such a loss for TVDSB, however an absolutely phenomenal opportunity for you AML! You are an inspirational leader and well-respected both in TVDSB and in Beijing! Congratulations on your decision and I wish you continued success in Beijing!