Leadership Learning : Just a Step Ahead…..

Thoughts about leading and learning…..

Legacies

Today we said good bye to my grandma Mabel LeCourtois who passed away at 104. It was not a sad occasion but a time to honour the accomplishments and legacy she has left for us.

She has taught me many important lessons:

1. No matter how far or how often you see them your family is what matters most. Be thankful for the time you are together.

2. Be proud and stay humble. Never forget how you got to where you are or those who helped you to get there.

3. Live life on your own terms and do what you think is right for you. Don’t worry what others will think.

4. Surround yourself with good friends and nurture and cherish these relationships.

5. Don’t meddle but lend a listening ear when others need it.

6. You can do anything you set your mind to if you work hard enough and believe in yourself.

7. Be kind, loving and loyal to your partner.

8. Don’t take yourself too seriously! Have a sense of humour and laugh at yourself!

9. Be thankful for each day!

10. Everything is better with a beer!

The last few days have let me wondering:

What will my legacy be as a mother, daughter and wife? How will I be remembered by my family?

What legacy will I leave in my work? How has my work touched the lives of the children, staff and parents I have worked with along the way? How will I be remembered?

What lessons have you learned from the important people in your life? How will you carry this legacy forward?

amluce • February 16, 2017

Previous Post

Next Post