My #Oneword

A year ago this week I identified my #oneword as Intentional. I pledged to be more intentional in my personal life and wellness. I have done a good job in this regard. I have scheduled pilates into my week at least 3 days a week and have been steadfast in keeping this commitment. I have also been intentional in making healthier food choices and monitoring my eating. Adding these 2 things into my life has made a difference in both my physical and mental health.

I have also been more intentional in my work. I made a conscious choice to focus my attention on intentional school improvement. We have collected data and made decisions that support student learning based on our school goal. All of our PD was strategically planned to support this goal.

I also worked to minimize my distractions and intentionally focus my energies on my school. I resigned from some committees and have chosen to spend as much time as I can focusing my energies in my school.

I am proud of my accomplishments and do feel that I have lived up to my #oneword Intentional for the 2016 year.

This fall I decided to write a letter to my staff in which I identified my goals for myself and for them for the 2016-2017 school year.

See excerpt below…..

Last year intentionality was a large part of what I tried to accomplish in my work. This year after reflecting about the direction I would like to go I have decided that my focus will be to inspire growth. All of our students, parents and staff have strengths and areas for development. My belief is that it is my responsibility to build on these strengths and to push others to grow. There may be times that it is uncomfortable and that you may not like the nudge but it is because I value you all as leaders in our building that I will push you. My belief is that it is my duty to make you the BEST teacher, EA, ECE,Custodian, Secretary that you can be. I have high expectations but I would never expect more of you than I would for myself. I value each and every one of you and appreciate everything that you do for our students. They need us to model our growth and high expectations because for many of them they do not see it anywhere else. I promise that I too will do the same for you!

As a wrote in my recent blog I am searching for my own inspiration. What do I do next? Where do I go? What adventures await? This year I have chosen inspiration as my #ownword. As I search for mine I will work to inspire others.